Welcome to the Virginia Family Special Education Connection
- The Search function is now more extensive. Please see the help section for more detailed information.
- Education Planning > Transition > Middle & High School Transitions are now divided into: Assessment, Diploma Options, Employment, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education, and Self-Determination
- My Community > Events now provides information on State, National and Online Events.
- My Community > Online Training includes self-paced online sessions designed by professionals from across the Commonwealth of Virginia or other educational specialists.
Check It Out
- The ABCs of Literacy: Where to Start with Children who have Sensory Loss and Multiple Disabilities
- 8 Reliable Sources Share Apps That Create Access to Curriculum Content Across Grade Levels
- Tipping the Scales in Their Favor: Your Role in Recognizing and Responding to Abuse and Neglect of Children with Disabilities
- 50 Ways to Create Accessible Literacy Experiences with Everyday Technologies (Virtual TechKnowledgy Conference- Feb. 25, 2016)
- Aided Language Stimulation: An Essential Strategy for Teaching Language to AAC Users of Any Age (Virtual TechKnowledgy Conference- Feb. 23, 2016)
- School Help for Homeless Children with Disabilities: Information for Parents (October 2015)
- Guide for Online Colleges & Disabilities (Accredited Online Schools & Colleges)
- Parent Toolkit (Produced by NBC News Education Nation and Supported by Pearson)
- 2016 Youth Leadership Forum (YLF)- The Deadline to Apply is March 31, 2016.