The Arc 2018 State Convention: Save the Date! Submit a Proposal by June 8, 2018
Theme of this conference is: Turn the Tide. Turning The Tide, means changing things dramatically, and for the better. This year’s convention theme represents Virginia’s transformation, and the rising movement of people with disabilities, their families, and advocates, effecting change, so that every person, can have A Life Like Yours.
Every year self-advocates, their families, local chapters, and other professionals come together to learn about current issues impacting individuals with developmental disabilities and to be motivated to carry out our mission to help all individuals with disabilities live fuller, more inclusive lives.
We are seeking knowledgeable, diverse and experienced speakers to equip our attendees with information, tools and new inspiration for their work, advocacy and lives.
Seeking Presenters with:
- Experience and knowledge of a subject that supports A Life Like Yours
- Clear objectives and an organized presentation that conveys the information
- An ease in speaking to a diverse audience
- Lively and interactive formats that engage advocates and learners
Subject areas of interest include but are not limited to: Early Intervention, Inclusive Education, Supported Employment, Social and Relationship Building, Individualized Residential services, Innovative approaches to services and supports, Supported Decision Making, Social Engagement, Sibling Support, Workforce development, Creative Person Centered Approaches etc…..
We invite you to submit a proposal and help us to continue Turning The Tide in Virginia!
- Name, Organization, Contact information
- A session abstract of 75 - 100 words to be included in the conference program book and online if the proposal is accepted.
- Session description for review by the selection committee.
Submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2018
Registration coming soon!
8/6/2018 - 8/8/2018
Hilton The Main 100 E. Main St. Norfolk, VA