Academic & Family Support
This section of the web site is designed to help facilitate your child’s development and academic progress by providing information and resources
- Homework - For families, homework can be a challenge, whether the issue is, content-based, time management, or fear, frustration or anxiety. Here are some resources that may help make tackling (or completing) homework a more positive experience.
- Assistive Technology - Technology can have an impact on many aspects for our lives. This section includes resources on the wide range of technology that is available today.
- Behavior - When a child exhibits challenging behaviors, it can have an impact on the whole family. This page of the website will contain resources about Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and other strategies that may be helpful for families.
- Early Learning - This page focuses on families who have children from Birth to 5 years of age and includes resources on physical, mental and emotional development.
- Language Development - This page supplies resources on how language develops and strategies to enhance this development.
- Recreation - This page offers resources on many aspects of recreation and leisure (exercise, sports, equipment and leisure skills).
- SOL & Resources - This section provides links to the Standards of Learning (SOL) and SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence lessons as well as additional resources from the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) website and other sources.