Raising and Working with Children and Youth in Foster Care or Living with Kin: Your Guide to Resources in Virginia
This web app provides online resources to help famililies raising children and youth in foster care and kinship care, where children and youth are brought up by non-birth parent relatives.
The following topics are covered:
- Trying to Enroll a Child in School?
- Concerned about Learning or School?
- Concerned about Mental Health or Behaviors?
- Need Public Benefits?
- Concerned about Transitions Through School and After?
- Concerned about Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs?
- Involved in the Court System?
When you click on a topic, you will find linked resources and a list of questions for families to ask.