Virginia Alternative/Alternate Asessments (Virginia Department of Education, VDOE)
Virginia schools administer alternative and alternate assessments to measure the achievement and progress of students with special needs.
- The Virginia Alternate Assessment Program (VAAP) is designed to evaluate the performance of students with significant cognitive disabilities who are working on academic standards that have been reduced in complexity and depth.
- Virginia Grade Level Alternative (VGLA)
- Virginia Grade Level Alternative (VGLA) Reading assessment is an alternative assessment for the Standards of Learning (SOL) Reading tests in grades 3-8.
- Virginia Substitute Evaluation Program (VSEP)
- The Virginia Substitute Evaluation Program (VSEP) is an alternative method of assessing students who by the nature of their disability are unable to participate in the Standards of Learning (SOL) assessments even with testing accommodations.
- Virginia Modified Achievement Standards Test (VMAST)
- VMAST assessments for End-of-Course (EOC) Algebra I and EOC Reading will be available for eligible students with disabilities pursuing a Standard Diploma with credit accommodations. VMAST assessments for grade 8 mathematics and grade 8 reading are available for students with disabilities pursing a Modified Standard Diploma. The Modified Standard Diploma is available only to students who entered the 9th grade for the first time prior to the 2013-2014 school year.