"Helping Your Kid With..." Videos for Families (MCPER)
The Meadows Center for Preventing Educational Risk (MCPER) is dedicated to generating, disseminating, and supporting the implementation of empirically validated, evidence-based practices to significantly affect student outcomes and support educators, researchers, policymakers, families, and other stakeholders who strive to improve academic, behavioral, and social outcomes for all learners.
Educational experts at MCPER have created videos to help families use effective practices to teach students at home due to COVID-19. Videos are posted regularly, so be sure to return often to get the latest information!
Some topics include:
- Helping Your Kid With…Early Language and Literacy
- Helping Your Kid With…Building Vocabulary and Comprehension With Read-Alouds
- Helping Your Kid With…Activity Transitions
- Helping Your Kid With…Cooperation With Difficult Tasks
- Helping Your Kid With…Learning (and Loving) the Language of Math
- Helping Your Kid With…Interactive Word Walls
- Helping Your Kid With…Reading Comprehension
- AND MANY MORE!