Colorado Kids Brain Injury Resource Network
For Educators and Professionals
This site is designed to provide educators and professionals with practical information that can be used to identify and provide appropriate services to children with a brain injury. The following information is located within this section.
- TBI Identification Protocol: Information and documents related to how to identify a student with a traumatic brain injury.
- Manual: This will connect you with the Brain Injury in Children and Youth: A Manual for Educators which includes information on neuroanatomy, developmental stages, assessing functional behavior, learning implications and intervention strategies as they relate to youth with a brain injury.
- Matrix: The matrix offers a wide range of suggested assessment tools and intervention strategies for students with a traumatic brain injury. It covers the areas of processing/learning most commonly affected by a brain injury.
- Concussion Info: Provides information on Colorado legislation, resources and the Concussion Guidelines Manual.
- Resources: A list of brain injury resources within the state and nation.
Providing parents with information on services that are available for their child as well as information on how to access support.
- What is a Brain Injury
- Educational Information
- Medical Information
- Tools for Daily Living
- Government/Legistation Programs
- Navigating Resources
- Transitioning to Adulthood