Project Core (A Stepping-Up Technology Implementation Grant Directed by the Center for Literacy and Disability Studies)
- Develop a comprehensive implementation program for the delivery of Universal Core vocabulary instruction and augmentative communication supports using the multi-tiered system for augmenting language (mSAL).
- Teach students with significant cognitive disabilities and complex communication needs to use symbols included on augmentative communication systems to communicate with a variety of people for a variety of needs.
- Create and evaluate the mSAL with Universal Core vocabulary.
- Develop intervention and assessment tools for teachers, related service providers, and other classroom staff to effectively implement the mSAL with Universal Core vocabulary.
This site includes:
- Universal Core Vocabulary Communication Systems
- Professional Development Modules
- Presentations and Publications
- Implementation Resources