5 Strategies for Choosing Gifts for Your Child With Learning and Attention Issues (Understood.org)
- It’s important to consider your child’s strengths, challenges and interests when choosing presents.
- Try to avoid using holiday gifts as an incentive for good behavior.
- Giving fewer gifts can help make the holiday more manageable.
- When picking gifts for your child, you may not want to rely on the age guide on toys.
- Consider limiting the number of gifts you give each child.
- Avoid turning gifts into “work.” Try not to load up on presents that are designed for skillbuilding.