Understanding the Applied Studies Diploma (Virginia Department of Education, VDOE)
Limitations of Applied Studies Diploma:
- Not equivalent to a standard diploma,
- Difficult to change to other diploma options once pursued,
- May not qualify a child for higher education, federal financial aid and some employment opportunities,
- Eligible for FAPE through the age of 22.
Available only for children with disabilities:
- Complete the requirements of their IEP,
- Do not meet requirements for Standard or Advanced Studies Diploma.