Welcome to the Virginia Family Special Education Connection
- The Search function is now more extensive. Please see the help section for more detailed information.
- Education Planning > Transition > Middle & High School Transitions are now divided into: Assessment, Diploma Options, Employment, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education, and Self-Determination
- My Community > Events now provides information on State, National and Online Events.
- My Community > Online Training includes self-paced online sessions designed by professionals from across the Commonwealth of Virginia or other educational specialists.
Check It Out
- Webinar- Fun Ahead: Creating Your Family's Summer Bucket List
- 2015-16 Family Engagement Series Videos (Office of Specialized Instruction Alexandria City Public Schools)
- Science with Jefferson Lab!
- No Kid Hungry Virginia
- Assistive Technology (AT) Consideration Guide App (iPad only) on iTunes
- At a Glance: College Entrance Testing Accommodations (Understood.org)
- Pros and Cons of Disclosing Learning and Attention Issues at College (Understood.org)
- Parent's Guide to Special Education Dispute Resolution in the App Store on iTunes and on Google Play
- Virtual Virginia Registration (Virginia Department of Education, VDOE)