Welcome to the Virginia Family Special Education Connection
- The Search function is now more extensive. Please see the help section for more detailed information.
- Education Planning > Transition > Middle & High School Transitions are now divided into: Assessment, Diploma Options, Employment, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education, and Self-Determination
- My Community > Events now provides information on State, National and Online Events.
- My Community > Online Training includes self-paced online sessions designed by professionals from across the Commonwealth of Virginia or other educational specialists.
Check It Out
- Resiliency Tools Can Help Military Kids Develop Self-Advocacy (March 2016)
- PEATC Youth Factsheets
- On-Demand PEATC webinar "Coming of Age: My Child Is Turning 18, Now What?"
- FUN AHEAD: CREATING YOUR FAMILY’S SUMMER BUCKET LIST (Formed Families Forward)
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Basics Class (Northern Virginia)
- Archived Webinars on the Redesign of the DD and ID Waivers (May 2016)
- Virginia Assistive Technology Resource Guide (Revised 2016)
- See the World Through Your Child's Eyes (Understood.org)
- Summer Reading Drive: Kick Back and Read! (AIM-VA)