Online Course: The Parent Playbook (VCU-ACE)
This training is a self-paced online course. The course is provided as a collaboration between the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Autism Center for Excellence (ACE) and the Virginia Autism Council.
To participate, you need a computer with (preferably high-speed) internet access, Adobe Flash Player software within your browser, and a sound card with speakers in order to listen to the lectures (full text transcripts are provided for all lectures and multimedia).
This course is designed for parents and caregivers who have children identified with an Autism Spectrum Disorder within the past year. However, the content is applicable to any parents who are looking for strategies to support their child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Module 1: Welcome to the Course
- Module 2: Parent to Parent
- Module 3: Ten Tips for Parents and Caregivers
- Module 4: The Evolution of ASD
- Module 5: Overview of ASD
- Module 6: The Rule of Five
- Module 7: The Roadmap to Independence
- Module 8: Medicaid Waiver
- Module 9: Next steps