Recorded CASEL Cares Webinar: Strategies for Being Your Best Possible 'SEL'f with Dr. Marc Brackett
CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning) CARES is an initiative that connects the SEL community with experts to address how SEL can be most helpful in response to today’s circumstances. The first opportunity in this series features Dr. Marc Brackett, CASEL board member and director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
- Give yourself and others the permission to feel all emotions.
- Accept all feelings and use them wisely.
- Strive to become an “emotion scientist,” not an “emotion judge.”
- Be psychologically available even if physically distant.
- Be open to apologizing, forgiving, and repairing – and seeking help.
- Don’t give up!