Summer learning: How to help your child keep skills strong (Understood)
Lots of kids love summer vacation because they don’t have to worry about schoolwork. And that’s a good thing. When kids go back to school relaxed and well rested, they’re better equipped to learn.
But lots of families worry about their kids losing important skills over summer break. Some people call this the “summer slide.” And some may be concerned about the COVID slide , too.
Here are some ways to help your child keep learning over the summer — without sacrificing the fun.
- Summer reading for kids who learn and think differently
- Beyond books: 6 fun things for kids to read
- 12 summer learning apps and games for grade-schoolers
- Summer learning program for kids who learn and think differently
- Download: Summer reading logs and planners
- 7 Math Tools for Grade-Schoolers You Can Find at Home