Virtual Job Shadow & Virtual Job Shadow Junior (VJS Junior)
Virtual Job Shadow empowers individuals to discover, plan and pursue their dreams with our unique video-based career planning platform. Our interactive tools help students and job seekers develop career paths based on choice, not chance.
- Virtual Job Shadow (VJS) has released the O*NET Ability Profiler Aptitude Test! This can be used as an “age appropriate transition assessment”. It measures job-relevant abilities with automatic scoring for end users in verbal, math, computation, spatial, form perception and clerical perception. There is no cost associated with this assessment, if you are using the VDOE SEIS subscription.
- The Scholarship Search is now active and available on the Dashboard under the Colleges tab. Students can refine the search filters by: a) State, b) School Type, c) Award Amount, and d) Area of Study.
- Another new feature in the Career Central section is Choosing a First Job. This can be daunting for many students. VJS has included a new filter in the Career Central section. Students will soon be able to sort by "First Jobs" and see what types of jobs would be a good fit for someone entering the workforce.
VJS Junior is an interactive, digital learning platform designed to position K-5 students for success in the 21st century world. Its career exploration lessons cultivate students’ interest in a variety of professions while strengthening their digital literacy skills and reinforcing their academic coursework.
- Virtual Job Shadow Junior (VJS JR) also added a new feature. The Spanish-language translation is now available for the Career Clusters Interest Survey (CCIS-EZ) assessment in VJS JR. This is an abbreviated version of the Career Clusters Interest Survey that matches a student's interests to Career Clusters based on the activities they most enjoy.
- Roadmaps help us start a journey and track our progress on that journey. VJS has created roadmaps for students, and this can be located under the Quick Start Resources section of the Help Center. They also just added a Pre- Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Roadmap, and it is aligned with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). It is intended to support students on their transition into adulthood.
There is a cost to both of these career planning tools.
Virginia School Divisions: Contact Marianne Moore, Secondary Transition Specialist with the Virginia Department of Education, by email at Marianne.Moore@doe.virginia.gov or by phone at (804) 225-2700 to see if there are any Virtual Job Shadow or Virtual Job Shadow Jr. subscriptions available.