2021 Children's Mental Health Report (Child Mind Institute)
In this report, the Child Mind Institute examins the growing body of research on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on children’s mental health, including the results of a survey of thousands of parents conducted by the Child Mind Institute. We explore several key questions, including:
- What do we know about how the pandemic has affected young people’s mental health?
- What are some of the most common mental health challenges that children and adolescents have experienced?
- What are the major risk factors for experiencing mental health challenges during the pandemic?
- What do we know about the potential long-term mental health effects of the pandemic?
- How can we reduce the mental health impacts of the next global public health crisis — and the remainder of this one?