Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Home Page (Social Security Administration)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):
- It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or now income; and
- It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.
Other questions answered include:
- Am I eligible for SSI benefits?
- How may I apply for SSI benefits?
- Help for Beneficiaries Who Return to Work
- Income Reporting