Five Quick Tips for Families on Using Assistive Technology to Support Instruction at Home for Students with Disabilities (VDOE's Assistive Technology Network)
Find answers to the following questions:
- My child’s school uses an online learning platform for instruction between school and home. Can my child use her typical assistive technology when accessing this learning platform?
- My child is struggling with some of his school assignments. Are there some assistive technologies or special strategies that might help him at home?
- My child’s teacher uses technology at school that we don’t have at home. What else can I use at home to replace this technology?
- What if I don’t know how to use the assistive technology my child uses?
- Home instruction is hard! Teachers have a bag of tricks that I don’t have to keep my child focused during online instruction. What can I do to make home instruction more effective for my child?